- David Samuels. 2016. The aspiring novelist who became Obama’s foreign policy guru (Links to an external site.). May 5, NY Times.
- Denise-Marie Ordway. 2018. What research says about how bad information spreads online. July 19, Harvard Business Review. Accessed at Journalist’s Resource, July 24.
- Elizabeth Kolbert. 2019. Why facts don’t change our minds. Feb 27, New Yorker Magazine.
- Read at least one of these two:
- Andrew Higgins, Mike McIntire, Gabriel Dance. 2016. Inside a fake news sausage factory: ‘This is all about income.’ Nov 25, NY Times.
- Thomas Kaplan. 2019. How the Trump Campaign used Facebook ads to amplify its ‘invasion’ claim. Aug 5, New York Times.
- Melissa Zimdars. 2016. False, misleading, clickbait-y, and/or satirical news ‘sources.‘ (pp 1-3; read also the LA Times story here).
- You should be identifying your stories and research for your spin journal.
- Video of pdf here. (about 50 minutes–optional)