Understanding Social Security
- Center for Budget and Policy Priorities. 2018. Policy Basics: Top Ten Facts about Social Security. Aug 14, CBPP.org.
- Kathleen Romig. 2018. Social Security lifts more Americans above poverty than any other program. Nov 5, CBPP.org.
- Tara Siegel Bernard. 2018. 8 questions about Social Security answered as election day nears. Sept 28, New York Times. (pdf in Canvas if you need it)
- Kathleen Romig, Matt Broaddus, Aviva Aron-Dine. 2019. Financial Challenges Facing Social Security and Medicare Largely Unchanged From Last Year, Except for Improvement in Disability Insurance. April 22, cbpp.org.
- Social Security: Captain Ahab’s obsession (my lecture page)
You need to complete this assignment by August 13. It appears as a quiz in Canvas (in the Week 8 module), and is available starting July 30. Once you open the quiz, you will have 48 hours to respond to the questions, upload your abstract, and submit. The last question on the quiz is for you to upload your abstract (refer to assignment guidelines).
25 points possible (20 for responses to questions; 5 for abstract)