Your tax dollars at work
- Wall Street Journal. 2002. The non-taxpaying class. Nov 20, wsj.com.
- Chuck Marr and Chye-Ching Huang. 2012. Misconceptions and realities about who pays taxes. Sept 17, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.
- National Priorities Project. 2016. Federal Revenue: Where does the money come from?
- National Priorities Project. 2016. Federal Revenue: Where does the money go?
- Oregon Center for Public Policy. 2017. : 2016 edition. June 15.
- State of Oregon Budget Charts:
- Governor’s 2017-19 budget (look at page 13)
- David Leonhart. 2017. A tax plan to turbocharge inequality, in 3 charts. Dec 17, New York Times.
- Adam Pearce, Quoctrung Bui, Benn Casselman and Blacki Migliozzi. 2017. Will your taxes go up or down? A calculator for the new tax bill. Dec 17, New York Times.
You need to complete this assignment by July 16. It will be accessible July 2. It appears as a quiz in Canvas (in the Week 4 module). Once you open the quiz, you will have 48 hours to respond to the questions, upload your abstract, and submit. The last question on the quiz is for you to upload your abstract (refer to assignment guidelines).
25 points possible (20 for responses to questions; 5 for abstract)