- Centers for Disease Control: ACEs study infographic. (2014 Oregon data–search [Ctrl f] to find your region if you live in Oregon, otherwise, check out ‘Eastern Oregon’ for a typical rural profile)
- SAMHSA. 2018. Trauma-informed approach and trauma-specific interventions. April, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- Trauma-Informed Oregon. 2016. What is trauma-informed care? Oregon Health Authority.
- Nicole Brown, Jeremy Green, Mayur Desai, Carol Weitzman and Marjorie Rosenthal. 2014. Need and unmet need for care coordination among children with mental health conditions. Pediatrics 133(3):530-37.
- Eric Bruns and Janet Walker. 2004. Ten principles of the wraparound process. National Wraparound Initiative.
- David Lawrence Center. 2018. Treatment programs (choose one of the five therapies: holistic, equine, music, art and pet–and find an article discussing it).
- Oregon Public Broadcasting. 2018. Chronic absenteeism (this is a podcast–listen to some of the mothers’ experiences to get a feel for the potential struggles families and children can face). Nov 14, Think out Loud.
- Anupam Jena, Michael Barnett and Timothy Layton. 2018. The link between August birthdays and ADHD. Nov 28, New York Times.
- Your tax dollars at, um, work?